Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for UNIX and Windows: Advanced Administration
The Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for UNIX and Windows: Advanced Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced Symantec NetBackup 7.5 software functionality and administrative tasks. This course covers advanced NetBackup topics, including deduplication, NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, virtual machine backups, application backups, NetBackup Search, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database backups.
- » This course is intended for experienced NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup features and functions.
Back to Top
- » Configure and run backups that use media server and client-side deduplication.
- » Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and using NetBackup Accelerator.
- » Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Replication Director, and Auto Image Replication.
- » Configure, run, and manage virtual machine backups using VMware.
- » Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- » Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- » Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database recovery.
- » Configure and use NetBackup Search to perform queries and searches, and create and release legal and local holds.
- » Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure
Back to Top
- NetBackup Concepts Review
- Reviewing the NetBackup environment
- Reviewing NetBackup concepts
- Reviewing NetBackup administrative interfaces
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication
- Introduction to NetBackup deduplication
- Configuring NetBackup media server deduplication
- Configuring client-side deduplication
- Managing NetBackup media server deduplication
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- NetBackup performance overview
- Isolating bottlenecks
- Addressing bottlenecks
- Tuning NetBackup buffers
- Using NetBackup Accelerator
- Advanced Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Optimized duplication
- Introduction to Replication Director
- Disaster recovery for the NetBackup infrastructure
- Using Auto Image Replication for Disaster Recovery
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Monitoring Auto Image Replication
- Managing and maintaining Auto Image Replication
- Managing Virtual Machine Backups
- Introduction to virtual machines
- Configuring VMware backups
- Managing VMware backups and restores
- NetBackup support for Hyper-V
- NetBackup support for other virtualization solutions
- Application Backup Concepts
- Understanding application needs
- Database backup and restore concepts
- Customizing generic application backups
- Managing Oracle Backups
- Introduction to the Oracle database
- Configuring NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle databases
- Monitoring and maintaining Oracle database backups
- Oracle database disaster recovery considerations
- Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Introduction to the Microsoft Exchange Server
- Configuring NetBackup for Exchange
- Exchange and high availability environments
- Exchange and VMware backups
- Monitoring and maintaining Exchange database backups
- Exchange disaster recovery considerations
- Managing Microsoft SQL Backups
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Configuring NetBackup for SQL Server policies
- Using the NetBackup Microsoft SQL Client console
- Monitoring SQL Server database backups
- SQL Server and VMware backups
- SQL Server disaster recovery considerations
- Compliance and NetBackup Search
- Introduction to NetBackup Search
- Configuring indexing
- Performing searches and hold management
- Ingesting into Enterprise Vault
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Search
- Additional NetBackup Topics
- Network resiliency
- Media-related topics
- Auditing NetBackup
- Securing NetBackup
- Securing NetBackup using encryption
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top