ITIL®-SS: Intermediate LifeCycle: ITIL® Service Strategy with Certification Exam
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) certification scheme, providing a modular approach to the ITIL framework, is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
It is part of the ITIL® Intermediate Service LifeCycle stream. This stream includes other modules, namely, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvement.
ITIL Intermediate Service LifeCycle: Service Strategy (SS) training prepares the candidates with the knowledge and skills to design, develop, and implement service provider strategy that aligns to the organizational strategy. Detailed information is provided to understand the principles, techniques and relationships for the creation of effective service strategies.
The ITIL Service Strategy certificate training is available in different delivery modalities including interactive online classes and instructor-led classroom training. This training is conducted by the industry experts who help the participants gain valuable practical knowledge to prepare for the certification exam and implement in the workplace.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITpreneurs.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
- Exam Voucher
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy (SS) Certificate Exam
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy (SS) Certificate
The ITIL Service Strategy (SS) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 8
- Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Service Strategy certificate, the participants earn three credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » IT professionals who have attained ITIL Foundation certification and seeking progress toward the ITIL Expert certification
- » Professionals working in the IT management, IT Finance management, and Supplier Relationship management can get benefitted
- » CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers – all who are involved in the coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle
- » ITSM trainers
Back to Top
- » Recommended: ITIL Foundation with Certification Exam
- » Familiar with the guidance detailed in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle Practices core publications
- » ITIL® Foundation certification (v3 or newer) required
- » Two years of relevant work experience
Back to Top
- » Understand the terminology, concepts, and scope of Service Strategy
- » Identify how the service strategy process flows and integrate with the lifecycle
- » Learn how to analyze IT governance and leverage on the governance framework and bodies
- » Determine the relevance and opportunities for service automation
- » Gain the ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors
Back to Top
- Introduction to service strategy
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service strategy
- The scope of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages
- Service strategy principles
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to utilize the four P’s of service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes
- Service strategy processes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks, bodies
- Organizing for service strategy
- The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods
- Technology considerations
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle
- Implementing service strategy
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programmes)
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd SS Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SS exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd SS Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SS exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd SS Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SS exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top