ITIL®-CSI: Intermediate Lifecycle: ITIL® Continual Service Improvement with Certification Exam
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) certification scheme, providing a modular approach to the ITIL framework, is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
The Continual Service Improvement (CSI) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the principles and techniques from the Continual Service Improvement stage of the ITIL Lifecycle, but does not go into detail about specific processes.
ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement certification focuses on how organizations and individuals can strategically review the products and services they have produced following the strategy, design, transition and operation stages of the IT Service Lifecycle and offers guidance on how this process should be organized and executed. It also includes guidance on the tools and technology that can be used to support CSI activities as well as how to evaluate risks and critical success factors.
The ITIL Continual Service Improvement certificate training is available in different delivery modalities including interactive online classes and instructor-led classroom training. This training is conducted by industry experts who help the participants gain valuable practical knowledge and prepare for their certification exam.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with Ahead Technology.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
- Exam Voucher
ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Certificate Exam
ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Certificate
The ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 8
- Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Continual Service Improvement certificate, the participants earn three credits toward their ITIL Expert certification.
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » Chief information officers (CIOs)
- » Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- » Managers
- » Supervisory staff
- » Team leaders
- » Service designers
- » IT architects
Back to Top
- » Introduction to CSI
- » CSI principles
- » CSI process
- » CSI methods and techniques
- » Organizing for CSI
- » Technology considerations
- » Implementing CSI
- » Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Back to Top
- Introduction to continual service improvement
- The purpose, objectives and scope of CSI
- The value to the business of adopting and implementing CSI
- The context of CSI in the ITIL service lifecycle
- The approach to CSI, including key interfaces and inputs and outputs
- Continual service improvement principles
- How the success of CSI depends on understanding change in the organization and having clear accountability
- How service level management and knowledge management influence and support CSI
- How the complete Deming Cycle works, and how it can be applied to a real world example
- How CSI can make effective use of the various aspects of service measurement
- What situations require the use of frameworks and models, and examples of how each type can be used to achieve improvement
- Continual service improvement process
- What the seven-step improvement process is, how each step can be applied and the benefits produced
- How CSI integrates with the other stages in the ITIL service lifecycle
- How other processes play key roles in the seven-step improvement process
- Continual service improvement methods and techniques
- When to use assessments, what to assess and how a gap analysis can provide insight into the areas that have room for improvement
- How to use benchmarking, service measurement, metrics, service reporting, including balanced scorecard and SWOT, to support CSI
- How to create a return on investment, establish a business case and measure the benefits achieved
- How techniques within availability management, capacity management, IT service continuity management and problem management can be used by CSI
- Organizing for continual service improvement
- The role of the CSI manager, and the roles of service owner, process owner, process manager and process practitioner in the context of CSI and how they can be positioned within an organization
- How to design, implement and populate a RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted, informed) diagram as well as how to use it to support CSI
- Technology considerations
- The technology and tools required and how these would be implemented and managed to support CSI activities such as performance, project and portfolio management, as well as service measurement and business intelligence reporting
- Implementing continual service improvement
- CSI implementation: strategy, planning, governance, communication, project management, operation, as well as how to deal with cultural and organizational change
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The challenges and risks such as staffing, funding, management, etc., which can be related to CSI and the details behind how each challenge can be addressed
- The critical success factors related to CSI as well as how to measure and monitor them
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd CSI Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate CSI exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd CSI Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate CSI exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd CSI Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate CSI exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top