About the Oracle DBA Track (11g) - Boot Camp
The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) credential is typically the first step toward achieving the flagship Oracle Certified Professional certification. The OCA credential ensures that the individual is equipped with fundamental skills, providing a strong foundation for supporting Oracle products. An OCA credential is available for several of today's most in-demand technology job roles.
Oracle Database 11g extends Oracle's unique ability to deliver the benefits of grid computing with more self-management and automation.
Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification combines training, experience, and testing to ensure that you have a strong foundation and expertise in the industry's most advanced database management system.
This training combines and covers materials from the following courses:
Oracle Database 11g: Introduction to SQL Boot Camp (2 days)
- Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 11g
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) to update data in the Oracle Database 11g
- Create tables to store data
- Utilize views to display and retrieve data
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Use the regular expression support in SQL
- Introducing Oracle Database 11g
- List the features of Oracle Database 11g
- Discuss the basic design, theoretical and physical aspects of a relational database
- Categorize the different types of SQL statements
- Describe the data set used by the course
- Log onto the database using the SQL Developer environment
- Save queries to files and use script files in SQL Developer
- Retrieving Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
- List the capabilities of SQL SELECT statements
- Generate a report of data from the output of a basic SELECT statement
- Select All Columns
- Select Specific Columns
- Use Column Heading Defaults
- Use Arithmetic Operators
- Understand Operator Precedence
- Learn the DESCRIBE command to display the table structure
- Restricting and Sorting Data
- Write queries that contain a WHERE clause to limit the output retrieved
- List the comparison operators and logical operators that are used in a WHERE clause
- Describe the rules of precedence for comparison and logical operators
- Use character string literals in the WHERE clause
- Write queries that contain an ORDER BY clause sort the output of a SELECT statement
- Sort output in descending and ascending order
- Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Describe the differences between single row and multiple row functions
- Manipulate strings with character function in the SELECT and WHERE clauses
- Manipulate numbers with the ROUND, TRUNC and MOD functions
- Perform arithmetic with date data
- Manipulate dates with the date functions
- Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Describe implicit and explicit data type conversion
- Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- Nest multiple functions
- Apply the NVL, NULLIF, and COALESCE functions to data
- Use conditional IF THEN ELSE logic in a SELECT statement
- Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Use the aggregation functions in SELECT statements to produce meaningful reports
- Create queries that divide the data in groups by using the GROUP BY clause
- Create queries that exclude groups of date by using the HAVING clause
- Displaying Data From Multiple Tables
- Write SELECT statements to access data from more than one table
- View data that generally does not meet a join condition by using outer joins
- Join a table by using a self join
- Using Sub-queries to Solve Queries
- Describe the types of problem that sub-queries can solve
- Define sub-queries
- List the types of sub-queries
- Write single-row and multiple-row sub-queries
- Using the SET Operators
- Describe the SET operators
- Use a SET operator to combine multiple queries into a single query
- Control the order of rows returned when using the SET operators
- Manipulating Data
- Describe each DML statement
- Insert rows into a table with the INSERT statement
- Use the UPDATE statement to change rows in a table
- Delete rows from a table with the DELETE statement
- Save and discard changes with the COMMIT and ROLLBACK statements
- Explain read consistency
- Using DDL Statements to Create and Manage Tables
- Categorize the main database objects
- Review the table structure
- List the data types available for columns
- Create a simple table
- Decipher how constraints can be created at table creation
- Describe how schema objects work
- Creating Other Schema Objects
- Create a simple and complex view
- Retrieve data from views
- Create, maintain, and use sequences
- Create and maintain indexes
- Create private and public synonyms
- Controlling User Access
- Differentiate system privileges from object privileges
- Grant privileges on tables
- View privileges in the data dictionary
- Grant roles
- Distinguish between privileges and roles
- Managing Schema Objects
- Add constraints
- Create indexes
- Create indexes using the CREATE TABLE statement
- Create function-based indexes
- Drop columns and set column UNUSED
- Perform FLASHBACK operations
- Create and use external tables
- Managing Objects with Data Dictionary Views
- Explain the data dictionary
- Find table information
- Report on column information
- View constraint information
- Find view information
- Verify sequence information
- Understand synonyms
- Add comments
- Manipulating Large Data Sets
- Manipulate data using sub-queries
- Describe the features of multi-table inserts
- Use the different types of multi-table inserts
- Merge rows in a table
- Track the changes to data over a period of time
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones
- Use data types similar to DATE that store fractional seconds and track time zones
- Use data types that store the difference between two date-time values
- Practice using the multiple data-time functions for globalize applications
- Retrieving Data Using Sub-queries
- Write a multiple-column sub-query
- Use scalar sub-queries in SQL
- Solve problems with correlated sub-queries
- Update and delete rows using correlated sub-queries
- Use the EXISTS and NOT EXISTS operators
- Use the WITH clause
- Regular Expression Support
- List the benefits of using regular expressions
- Use regular expressions to search for, match, and replace strings
Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Boot Camp (3 days)
- Describe Oracle Database Architecture
- Install and configure Oracle Database 11g
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Manage the database storage structures
- Create and administer user accounts
- Perform basic backup and recovery of a database
- Manage users and schemas
- Manage data and concurrency
- Monitor and administer undo data
- Backup and recover a database
- Monitor performance
- Use the database diagnostic monitor
Why should you take the Oracle DBA Track (11g) - Boot Camp
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals
, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
- Instructor-led Training -- Learn from an expert instructor. Our expert instructors are themselves certified and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
- High Quality Courseware -- You will learn using proprietary course materials and lab workbook.
- All inclusive, no hassle pricing -- The Boot Camps offer an all inclusive package that helps you learn and understand the concepts, prepare for and take the exams. You focus on learning, while we take care of other details. Please ask us for details on location specific amenities.
- Test Vouchers -- The Boot Camp includes two test vouchers (1Z0-051 & 1Z0-052), at no additional cost.
- Certification Attainment Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our Boot Camp. Please see our CAP section below for details.
- The best test preparation software -- Software from leading test-prep provider is included for all exams at no extra charge.
- Refreshments -- Snacks, freshly-brewed coffee, tea and water are available throughout the day at the training site. Our training facilities are located within walking distance of several eateries and restaurants, offering students the opportunity to satisfy their own tastes and dietary requirements. Click here for all of our Las Vegas amenities.
- Skills Assessment -- The only Boot Camp that makes sure all the students have the correct prerequisites.
- Five days of complete immersion and distraction-free training -- Includes 50 hours of lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing.
- Testing at Training Site -- Convenience is the key. You don't have to find and schedule your test with an authorized testing center. NetCom is an authorized testing center and you can take the test as soon as you are ready. This feature may not be available at all locations. Please confirm with us if the location you selected has testing available.
- Travel Package (Hotel and/or Air) -- NetCom offers a travel package featuring round trip airfare to Las Vegas and deluxe accommodations at the Desert Rose Resort where our state-of-the-art, custom built classrooms are located.
- Click here for additional information on NetCom's Las Vegas Boot Camp Experience
Do you have the right background for Oracle DBA Track (11g) - Boot Camp?
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will tell you so right away. We will also recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test now.
Recommended Prerequisites for this Training Package:
Benefit of taking Oracle DBA Track (11g) - Boot Camp at NetCom
Why choose Oracle Training at NetCom Learning?
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the year out of 1400 training companies.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
NetCom provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Award winning, world-class Instructors
- Masters Degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University along with several IT certifications.
- IT Professional for over 30 years and Software Trainer since 1997.
- Engineer and developer for top Wall Street financial firms such as JP Morgan Chase.
Arthur has been an IT professional for over 30 years. After receiving his Bachelors in Computer Science from NYU, and Masters degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University, Arthur was recruited into the private IT sector. Upon starting his IT career path he quickly progressed into leadership roles as an engineer and developer for JP Morgan Chase.
With more than a decade of successful projects behind him, Arthur's love of academia brought him back to training, where he currently specializes in Java certification training and corporate software development. He holds numerous certifications including the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, and Advanced PHP Programmer. His passion and aptitude for the subject matter is clearly evident both in and out of the classroom and NetCom Learning students rate him 8.6 out of 9.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- Designs and architects Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s.
- Hands-on experience in multiple Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV since 2004.
- Taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning.
Ignacio is a Senior Solutions Architect, Civil Engineer and Certified Expert Trainer. He has been designing and architecting Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s, and has extensive experience developing scalable and high performance integration solutions. In 2004, Ignacio expanded into business management and accounting software as well, where he gained hands-on experience in many Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV.
Ignacio holds a library of industry-wide certifications from Microsoft and other leading IT vendors. He has taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning and is revered by students for his wide-ranging IT expertise.
- Experience teaching beginner to advanced software engineering and development classes
- Architectured NetCom Learning's Mobile Development Professional training package (Android & iPhone)
- Acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Mark is an accomplished web and mobile development trainer and Subject Matter Expert. He has been teaching beginner to advanced software engineering and development classes since 2005. With an extensive background in corporate programming he easily understands the impact of new technologies and the knowledge developers need to succeed.
Most recently Mark architectured NetCom Learning's Mobile Development Professional training package (Android & iPhone) to much critical acclaim. Mark's passion and aptitude for the subject matter is abundant, and clearly evident in his near-perfect post-class evaluation scores (8.7 out of 9) and praise from clients.
Actual Client Testimonials
||May 10 2013
|The environment (facility) as well as the atmosphere was a great plus, aside from the professionalism of the representatives at NetCom Learning.
- John J.
||Apr 12 2013
|The trainers/Staff are Knowledgeable accommodating and friendly. Good classroom environment as well as training material.
- Shani A.
||Mar 18 2013
|I was recently a student in the Java boot camp class. I would just like to say that my instructor for that course was one of the best that I''ve ever encountered at your facility - Arthur Gober. I've been a student of at least a dozen classes at NetCom and he is by far one of my favorites now. He was very methodical in the way he taught; he always ensured that I never fell behind in the material; he gave me a great foundation on which to build on in regards to Java programming. He actually inspired me to become a better programmer and for that I will always be grateful.
- Kevin W.
||Mar 06 2013
|The course material was excellent and the instructor was very knowledgeable in the field, which allowed him to go beyond the course material to make sure we understood it. I found everything to be user friendly and informative!
- David J.
||Mar 01 2013
|I have been training here at NetCom since 2002. During that time I've taken over a dozen classes and had the pleasure of learning many topics and programming languages under their guidance. That being said I can assure you that Arthur Gober is by far one of the best instructors that I've ever had!
- Kevin W.
||Feb 15 2013
|I've been a student at NetCom Learning for over 10 years now and I have enjoyed every class I''ve ever taken there. The classes are small which I find to be beneficial (5-10 students) and the instructors are always very knowledgeable in regards to the material they are teaching.
The receptionists at NetCom are always friendly and helpful. The classroom environment is user friendly. The instructors are knowledgeable and helpful. There is a testing center in the facility which is extremely convenient. I can honestly say, I can''t think of anything I would change at NetCom. I am proud to be a student there.
- Kevin W.
||Feb 06 2013
|Instructor (Kuldeep (Deep) Bakshi) had real world experience across multiple landscapes. Class was great!
- Mike T.
- Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2
Awards won by NetCom
NetCom Learning is an award winning, customer focused company. We are simply Passionate About Learning!
See our list of awards.
Specialized Bootcamp Training
This training is also available as a boot camp. NetCom is world famous for delivering specialized boot camp training to our clients.
For answers to questions regarding our boot camp training delivery format, please refer to our Boot Camp FAQ section.
- Certification Attainment Policy (CAP)
If you are not able to attain all certifications during the boot camp, you can attend the boot camp again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for test vouchers and optional travel. If the courseware has changed, you must purchase the latest material. CAP would not apply if the class you want to reattend is for a different certification.
Next Step, how do I attend the Oracle DBA Track (11g) - Boot Camp?
Take this training with one of the following training delivery methods below:
NetCom’s classroom training ensures that you have state-of-the-art tools, techniques and practices you need to succeed on the job. Our instructors are active practitioners and true masters in their fields. With convenient classes at multiple learning centers across the US, you never have to go far to get ahead.
Live Online Training (LOT)
NetCom’s premium Live Online Training (we call it LOT) is the ultimate in convenience and cost-effectiveness. LOT combines interactive video instruction via the latest web conference technology, and post-class access to learning labs for a best-in-class learning experience.Learn more about LOT
Boot Camp Training
NetCom’s intensive boot camps are designed to advance your skills in the shortest possible amount of time and get you certified. Boot camps go at a faster pace and often run for longer days, so you must have some level of subject matter experience before enrolling. Boot camps have mandatory assessment tests to ensure no one will slow down the class for other students. Learn more about Boot Camps
Private Onsite Training
With NetCom’s private training programs, you decide where and when courses are held. Tailor the training to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique. Save money by doing bulk customized training.Learn more about Private Onsite Training
Private 1-on-1 Training
NetCom’s private 1-on-1 training focuses on the highest quality training possible. You get individualized, full attention from the instructor and you decide where and when courses are held. The training is custom tailored to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique.Learn more about Private 1-on-1 Training