> Senior Business Development Manager
Job Location: New York City, NY and Arlington, VA
Positions Available: 2
Salary: Based on experience, commissions and bonuses
Position Type/Hours: FT/Permanent
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for business development activities including identifying new market opportunities for training services, researching competitive markets and creating appropriate business plans to develop and maintain effective key client relationships. They monitor the organization's market share and competition, and develop and execute business plans related to prospecting and closing sales to achieve budgeted revenue growth goals and drive internal value to the organization. The main responsibility of a Senior Business Development Manager is to target new clients at the CEO, VP and Director level that qualify as profitable business partners and to manage and support business development through acquisitions of new projects and project bids on a north east, regional and national scale.
- Establish, develop and maintain new business relationships with prospective clients in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization's training services.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect/business development database.
- Maintain sales pipeline to achieve goals for new sales.
- Match services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other new business opportunities.
- Perform market analysis, identify trendsetter ideas, and establish a network of contacts in the industry to identify potential projects/clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of external market trends, current sustainability topics and issues, internal sale strategies and operational capabilities.
- Develop and deliver clear and effective customized sales presentations and proposals, and support on-going marketing efforts for existing and proposed projects.
- Promote outreach activities to potential partners at trade shows and conferences.
- Identify and analyze potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals to maximize the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Conduct telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to prospective clients.
- Expedite the resolution of client problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on client needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with IT B2B sales and new business development.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with face-to-face client meetings at the CEO, VP and Director level.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with IT sales of systems integration, hardware, software, services, consulting, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Familiar with CRM.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Solid knowledge of North East market.
- Must have the desire to succeed and a competitive spirit with new prospective clients.
- Proven ability to establish strategic initiatives for large high-value client relationships.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with sales team and other decision-makers.
- Exemplary high standards of customer service, honesty, integrity and endeavor.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges.
- Ability to focus and apply targeted activity.
- Must have effective and clear communication skills, both written and oral; telephone manner/etiquette must be highly proficient.
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must possess a high level of energy, self-motivation and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate effective sales planning, closing and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to sell to and understand client needs, manage assigned territory and meet sales goals.
- Proven effectiveness with needs analysis and consultative selling practices.
- Sales and IT training courses
- Previous experience in new business development with system integrators
- Previous experience with LARS and VARS
- Previous experience in enterprise sales, large account resellers and Fortune 1000 accounts
- Previous experience in targeting and selling to head offices in North east
- Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job position of Inside Sales Business Development Representative in the email subject.