Job Location: New York City, NY and Arlington, VA
Positions Available: 2
Salary: Based on experience, commissions and bonuses
Position Type/Hours: FT/Permanent
The Learning Consultant will work cooperatively with the sales team to prospect and generate new business opportunities through outbound phone calls to targeted companies, securing qualified opportunities and closing business. They are responsible for personally contacting and securing new business accounts/clients, gathering new customer data, and identifying and qualifying new business opportunities for training services. The main responsibility of a Learning Consultant is to support business development through acquisitions of new projects and project bids, and to target existing and new clients that qualify as profitable business partners via telesales.
- Identify and analyze new potential prospects and business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials.
- Establish, develop and maintain new business relationships with prospective clients nationwide to generate new business for the organization's training services.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect/business development database.
- Maintain sales pipeline to achieve goals for new sales.
- Answer telephone calls from potential clients who are responding to advertisements, and address client questions.
- Obtain contact details of potential clients from sources including telephone directories and purchased lists.
- Contact prospective clients (80-100 cold-calls per day) by operating telephone equipment or automatic dialing systems, and record client information including reaction to the services offered.
- Influence clients to purchase training services by following a prepared sales pitch to give service information and price quotations, and adjust sales pitch to meet needs of specific clients.
- Obtain, record and secure client information by completing database backups.
- Conduct client and marketing surveys.
- Match services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage and concentrate efforts on other new business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on client needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new services.
- Other duties as required.
- Prior inside sales or phone sales experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of IT and sales
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Familiar with CRM
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Exceptional and clear communication skills; telephone manner/etiquette must be highly proficient and persuasive
- Fluency in English; written, verbal and reading comprehension
Additional Skills Required:
- Must have the desire to succeed and a competitive spirit with new prospective clients
- Exemplary high standards of customer service, honesty, integrity and endeavor
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges
- Ability to focus and apply targeted activity
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced office environment
- Must possess a high level of energy, self-motivation, flexibility and professionalism
- Must demonstrate effective prospecting, negotiating and closing skills
- Proven effectiveness with needs analysis and consultative selling practices
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic, demonstrating strong time management and organizational skills even under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative, resilience and perseverance while maintaining a positive attitude
- Enjoy working with customers and building relationships within a target-driven environment
- Solid knowledge of all the company's training services.
- Understand and comply with the legislation relating to direct marketing.
Standard office hours apply but this position offers the ability to work flexible hours to those who are interested.
- Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job position of in the email subject.
Learn About Us: